Child Development (CACHE) Level 2
Why study CACHE?
A perfect course to prepare for Level 3, placements & working with children. The course offers you:
- an awareness of learning styles
- a basic introduction in to working with children in a variety of settings
- an understanding of roles and responsibilities when working in a setting
- an understanding of Equality and Diversity within a childcare setting
- a basic understanding of the stages and sequence of child development
- an introduction to observing children and how it supports development
- an introduction to the influences that affect holistic development
- an introduction to everyday care routines and the types of activities that can support the development of independence an introduction to supporting children through transition.
What will I study?
- Unit 1: An introduction to working with children aged 0-5 years
- Unit 2: Development & well-being of children aged 0-5 years
- Unit 3: Child care & development of children aged 0-5 years
What happens in lessons?
A range of learning activities that are tailored to suit the needs of students including:
- Class discussion
- Looking at case studies
- Role play
- Independent research & working on controlled assessments
And much more…
How will I be assessed?
- Two controlled assessments (over the course of two years)
- One multiple choice examination at the end of Y11
What skills will I need?
- Excellent writing skills
- Be able to analyse information & come to conclusions
- Identify, gather & evaluate information