What happens in lessons?
- Regular discussions (in pairs, small groups and as a whole class) using visual stimulus such as DVDs, photos and source materials.
- Independent tasks/note-taking for revision purposes.
- Regular exam practice to develop exam technique.
How will I be assessed?
Two formal exams at the end of Year 11
Paper 1: 1 hour 15 minutes – Warfare through time
Paper 2: 1 hour 45 minutes – Elizabeth & The Cold War
Paper 3: 1 hour 20 minutes – Weimar & Nazi Germany 1918-39
What skills will I need?
- Extended writing skills – essay questions go up to 16 marks (+4 SPaG marks).
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Literacy skills – a good quality of verbal and written communication is essential.
- Self-discipline when it comes to revision.