GRADUATE TEACHER PROGRAMME – HISTORY
Salary: £16,461 (UQT1)
We are offering History graduates the opportunity for a fully funded, salaried, alternative route to qualified teacher status that takes place over 1 or 2 years depending upon the route you take. The first year will be spent introducing you to teaching in the classroom, learning the ‘tools of the trade’ and observing outstanding practitioners. After successful completion of the first year candidates can progress to the school direct ITT programme within the school. Contracts will initially be offered on a 1 year temporary basis and you will be based at Clifton Community School. The job role will consist of:
- Teaching a number of lessons and learning the tools of the trade in both primary and secondary
- Specialist mentor sessions and training on teaching pedagogy
- Gaining an understanding into the different job roles in education such as TA, Classroom Supervisor, Specialist SEN roles
- Access to an outstanding programme of continuing professional development across the multi academy trust
- Opportunities for significant career development
Closing date: Noon on Tuesday 6th June 2017
Application forms are available to e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01709 538348/515005. Completed application forms should be returned to Miss M Payton, Headteacher’s PA, Clifton Community School, Middle Lane, Rotherham, S65 2SN (email: email@example.com).
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.