GRADUATE TEACHER PROGRAMME (MATHS)
Are you a Maths graduate? Would you like to train and gain qualified teacher status?
We are offering graduates (Maths) the opportunity for an alternative route to qualified teacher status that takes place over a minimum of 1 year. The programme will introduce you to teaching in the classroom, learning the ‘tools of the trade’ and observing outstanding practitioners. We will also support you in your application for Schools Direct. Bursaries of up to £25,000 are available for applications in Maths (subject to conditions).
- Teaching a number of lessons and learning the tools of the trade
- Specialist mentor sessions and training on teaching pedagogy
- Gaining an understanding into the different job roles in education such as TA, Classroom Supervisor, Specialist SEN roles
- Access to an outstanding programme of continuing professional development across the multi academy trust
- Opportunities for significant career development
Working at Clifton Community School in Rotherham you would benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. The Multi-Academy trust runs a number of schools in Rotherham including Wickersley School & Sports College and Rawmarsh Community School. Clifton is a thriving, multi-cultural, 11-16 school of 800 students, which was rebuilt in 2005. It is a school with high expectations and a student centred focus. Clifton is a school with a clear improvement strategy for continuing to raise attainment and is working towards becoming a good and then outstanding school.
Closing date: noon on Friday 9th March 2018
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.