- Bronze – Beginner tuition in groups of 4-6 pupils on the same instrument which is £25 per half term.
- Silver – Intermediate tuition for individuals or pairs of some ability (grade 1-4) which is £40 per half term.
- Gold – Advanced tuition for KS4 music pupils to support their course.
Music Department Aims
- Pupils have the opportunity to fully participate in music lessons, providing it is financially viable.
- Pupils are supported in selecting the appropriate instrument that they wish to learn.
- The physical environment allows students to have a range of lessons in a suitable surrounding.
- Staff, students and parents are aware of the commitment that learning an instrument will have on the school timetable and the advised level of commitment required out of school hours.
Fees for Lessons
Fees will be charged as a half termly lump sum to be billed prior to the beginning of each half term, payment must be received before lessons can be taken.
Parents will be asked to sign an agreement to these terms before committing to the lessons.
No charge will be made for the instrumental tuition to a pupil whose tuition is provided as part of a recognised external course within the school’s curriculum (GCSE/Rockschool.
Pupils will receive their first instrument lessons fully subsidised. Any additional instruments should be paid for as above.
Alternatively, we offer beginner lessons in groups of six pupils for Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone and many other instruments.
These lessons are charged at £25 per half term for 30 minutes a week. Pupils will eventually progress onto individual lessons when they are ready.
How to Pay
Our finance department will send out payment details direct to the name and address provided to school three weeks before the start of a half term.
Payment must be received prior to the start of a half term so that the pupil can have their lessons. Payment can be made by cash/cheque to the school.
Please contact our finance office if you are experiencing difficulties making payment.
Students receiving instrumental tuition at Clifton Community School are expected to attend at least one extra curricular activity per week.
Currently these include:
- African Drumming
- School Shows
- Soul Band
- Wind Ensemble
It is hoped that students will audition for County Bands and Orchestras in the future.
Music groups are often asked to play at local events within the community and students are expected to take part in these occasions.
Instrumental tuition is provided weekly for at least 30 weeks per year by peripatetic music teachers.
These staff are carefully selected and well-qualified specialist teachers. Lessons last 20 minutes.
- 20 minute lessons
- 30 lessons per year
- £70 per term contribution
- Billed prior to the beginning of term
- Pupils come out of normal lessons
- Lesson Timetables on rotation
- Text Messages sent for absences
- Pupils expected to attend extra curricular activities
* See Payment Fees for further details
Text Messages For Absence
Pupils are expected to attend lessons punctually and lessons missed through illness or absences are normally forfeited.
If a pupil misses a lesson a text will be sent home to inform the parents/guardians of the pupil. Pupils should report to the Music Office in P5 to explain any absences.
All instruments must be covered by an adequate insurance policy of accidental damage, loss or theft. Clifton Community School is unable to accept liability for any loss or damage to instruments.
Please ensure your son/daughter’s instrument is clearly labelled with his/her name and address.
Instruments should be left at the appropriate place in the Music Department and should be taken home at the end of each day.