http://www.cliftonschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Untitled-1-1.png 270 710 Yasmin Ireland http://www.cliftonschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Clifton-Website-Logo.png Yasmin Ireland2017-11-06 12:51:392017-11-09 08:29:53Poppies Are Now Available To Buy For Remembrance Sunday
What is remembrance day and why do people wear poppies?
When did it all start?
- World war I ended on the 11th November 1918, at 11 o’clock. This is when remembrance day started.
- We remember all the soldiers who sacrificed their lives to fight for our freedom.
- Since WWI this date has been used to remember all the fallen soldiers in all the wars where British soldiers have fought and are still fighting.
Why a poppy?
- The symbol of remembrance day is the poppy since WWI and the famous poem – In Flanders Fields
How can you help?
- Buy a poppy from H2 at any break time.
- Poppies are £1 each (they are hand knitted.)
- Buy one for yourself and maybe for people at home too!
- Do you bit! Britain needs you!!!
Why a minutes silence on 11-11 at 11am?
- Time to reflect
- Time to remember the sacrifice and be thankful.
- Time to think about those soldiers fighting today for our freedom
11th November 2017 at 11.00am
- Take that minute of silence to remember, think and be thankful for our armed forces.