Y8 took on Thrybergh this evening and although we lost narrowly by 5 runs we progressed to the next round as Thrybergh had to field a mixed Y8/9 team so forfeited the match.
- Some very skillful batting from Sofian Nawaz gliding two lovely fours off the face of the bat.
- A great caught and bowled by Dominic Boyle.
- A good catch in the field by Basat Shahid.
- Good wicketkeeping from Nabeel Ilyas.
- Two run outs courtesy of Humayun Zaman and Jack Swales.
Year 7 and 8 English classes continue to make huge leaps forward with their reading this half term and are zooming towards the finish line and heading for incredible achievements at the end of this year!
Currently in pole position for Year 7 are 7EN1 who have read a staggering three million, twenty nine thousand, three hundred and thirty four words since September – ASTOUNDING!
The Year 8 leaders this half term are 8EN1 who are also exceptionally close to reaching the 3 million word mark!
The fight is now on for 2nd and 3rd positions; 7EN3, 7EN2 and 7EN4 are all battling for a place in the top spots in Year 7 and 8EN4 and 8EN6 are jostling for a Year 8 place as the end of the school year comes in to view.
Who will be victorious?!
Watch this space…
Clifton Music Department would like to invite you to the Summer Concert 2017, with a showcase of talent from all year groups and some recently departed Year 11 students. Read more
Congratulations this week to our Modern Foreign Legends, who have all impressed their teachers in a wide variety of different ways in French, Spanish or English Language Acquisition.
Each term, every Science teacher will nominate one KS3 and one KS4 pupil to be named ‘Scientist of the Term’.
Winners will receive pride of place on the ‘Scientist of the Term’ display board on the Science corridor, as well as a mention on the ‘big screens’ in school, the website and the schools social media pages!
Click here to download our April School Council Newsletter.
Select A Language
Our Recent Posts
- Y10 DC3 Effort Awards May 20, 2019
- University of Sheffield Celebration Event May 20, 2019
- Success at the Clifton Soapbox Derby May 20, 2019
- Rotherham Schools Athletics Trials May 20, 2019
- The Young Shakespeare Company’s performance of Macbeth: magnificent, mind-blowing and mesmerising. May 9, 2019
Enquiries should be addressed to Mrs M Payton, Headteacher's PA.