Assistant Headteacher – Quality of Inclusion
Required for September 2019
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday 22nd May 2019
An opportunity has arisen for a teacher who is passionate about Inclusion to join our Senior Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will need to be motivated, innovative, flexible, relentless and have a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of needs. You will have a passion for developing and extending potential in both our pupils and staff team by recognising and nurturing individual qualities and strengths.
The successful candidate must have:
• The ability to demonstrate outstanding teaching and an excellent record of classroom practice
• The skill of working with pupils with a range of different abilities, needs and backgrounds
• Creativity and vision to inspire and lead change ensuring successful outcomes for pupils
• The ability to lead staff and develop their knowledge and expertise of working with SEND children
• The ability to work effectively within the SLT team to achieve excellence
• The ability to support and have an overview of the teaching assistants working with SEND pupils and to be responsible for their training needs
• Excellent communication, management and organisational skills
• Experience of working in partnership with parents, professionals, governors, the wider community, and leadership and management of a pastoral team
You will work at Clifton Community School in Rotherham and benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. The Multi-Academy Trust runs a number of schools in Rotherham including Wickersley School & Sports College and Rawmarsh Community School. Clifton is a thriving, multi-cultural, 11-16 school of 800 students, which was rebuilt in 2005. It is a school with high expectations and a student centred focus. Clifton is a school continuing to raise attainment and is working towards becoming a good and then outstanding school.
Clifton works in partnership with Wickersley School & Sports College and this offers:
• The opportunity to work and progress across the family of schools
• The support and expertise of our outstanding faculties working across the family of schools
• Opportunities for significant career development
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs and Recently Qualified Teachers
• Access to an outstanding programme of continuing professional development across the multi academy trust
Completed application forms should be returned to Miss M Payton, PA to the Headteacher, Clifton Community School, Middle Lane, Rotherham S65 2SN (email@example.com).
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.