Clifton Community School – KS4 Results 2018
There have been five consecutive years of changes to examinations and performance tables which have come into effect, which mean that the performance tables cannot be compared like for like with those of previous years.
In 2017, students sat the first of the reformed GCSEs in Maths, English Language and English Literature which are graded 9-1 rather than A*-G. These courses are 100% final exam, with no controlled assessment. In 2018 a number of other subjects reformed and the remainder will reform for 2019.
Headline measures for 2018 include:
- Grade 4-9 in both English and Maths (standard pass)
- Grade 5-9 in both English and Maths (good pass)
- Attainment 8 (an average points score measure)
- Progress 8 (a value-added measure)
|Old Grade||Approx. Equivalent|
The government will report on the percentage of students achieving both a “good pass” (grade 5 or above), and a “standard pass” (grade 4 or above) in English (Language or Literature) and Maths. Students achieving below a grade 4 will be required to continue to study English and/or Maths post- 16 until a ‘standard pass’ is achieved.
KS2 Average Point Score on Entry
The Clifton KS2 Average Point Score for the 2018 Year 11 cohort was significantly below the national average. It equates approximately to an average of a level 3b in English and Maths.
|Clifton 2018 Results|
|Grade 5 or above in Ma & Eng||17%|
|Grade 4 or above in Ma & Eng||41%|
Progress 8 and Attainment 8 count only the following subjects:
- English (double weighted if both language and literature taken)
- Maths (double weighted)
- Best 3 Ebacc subjects (Modern Foreign Language, History, Geography, Science, Computing)
- Best 3 other approved qualifications from the list published by the Department of Education
Progress 8 is a value-added measure. A Progress 8 score of +1.0 means all students have achieved one full grade above expectations (calculated by the government based on KS2 attainment).
Attainment 8 is an attainment measure. 40 = average grade of a grade C, 55 = B.