37 hours per week, term-time only + 5 INSET Days
For one year in the first instance
Salary: Band G points 26-29 £23,866 – £26,470 (pro-rata £20,929 – £23,212)
Clifton Community School seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic Student Pastoral Manager to provide pastoral support to students within the school. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’.
This role will involve:
- Supporting the Head of Year in establishing high standards of achievement, focusing on ensuring good levels of attendance and positive behaviour throughout the school day
- Assisting the Head of Year in providing guidance, discipline, progress and welfare of students in line with school policies and work whenever necessary with colleagues to maintain high standards across the school
- Helping to develop strategies that maximise student attainment, attendance and engagement
- Ensuring a rigorous approach towards the commitment to protect and nurture students at the school in keeping with agreed child protection, safeguarding, attendance and pastoral care policies
- Establishing effective working relationships with students and families, acting as a role model, setting high expectations, creating a positive ethos and fostering productive home-school links
You will work at Clifton Community School in Rotherham and benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. Clifton is a thriving, multi-cultural, 11-16 school of 800 students, which was rebuilt in 2005. It is a school with high expectations and a student centred focus. Clifton is a school with a clear improvement strategy for continuing to raise attainment and is working towards becoming a good and then outstanding school.
Successful candidates will need to:
- Possess a good standard of secondary education – GCSE in English/Maths or equivalent;
- A background of working with young people;
- To be a good communicator;
- To have good organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines.
Closing date: Noon on Friday 12th October 2018
Application forms and further details are available to download from our website at www.cliftonschool.org or by requesting a pack by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone on 01709 538348/515005. Completed application forms should be returned to Miss M Payton, Headteacher’s PA, Clifton Community School, Middle Lane, Rotherham S65 2SN (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.